I can't see how to edit a project overview. I also tried to edit the title of one of the Local Action Initiative projects to indicate it's a duplicate and direct folks to the other, but wasn't able. It does look like an update to one sticks with both, although I'm stumped by that. Can you help?
Depends on role (which can be shared)
Hi! The person who first creates a project group becomes the administrer for that group and can change anything on the project page. Other group members can interact with content, but not the maing project information. The group administrator can share roles with members, though, so that others can edit that information.
Here's how the group admin changes roles:
1. Near the top of the page you'll see a few tabs: View, Edit, Group.
2. Click on [Group].
3. Within that tab, click on [People].
4. Within this page you'll see a list of group members with check boxes by their names. There is also a drop down menu with several options. Three have to do with approving/denying/blocking memberships. For the most part we won't need to worry about these as approval is not required to join a group. Then there are options about change roles. The only roles are standard member and administrator member.
5. Select "administrator member" from the drop down list and select the names of whomever you wish to have change roles.
6. Click "update."
7. You have now shared the administrator role with other group members and they have full privileges to edit all group information.